Friday, December 9, 2011

My top 5 new Artists of 2011

These are 5 new bands that released their label debut albums this year that I really enjoyed:

#5. Youth Lagoon

Out of Idaho, these guys came out with one warm and dreamy album that I really enjoyed.



#4. Cults

Yeah these guys have been around for a while now, releasing some of their song well before 2011, but their debut album did not come out until this June making them eligible. Their debut did not disappoint at all and was a definite highlight of 2011.





#3. EMA
Formerly of Gowns. EMA matched her amazing music with some incredible and honest lyrics that made me care about what she was singing.





#2. WU LYF

Very mysterious band out of England. Their music sounds like something born out of all of the insecurity and unrest happening in the world. Protest music in a sense I guess is what I would compare it to.




#1. Wild Flag
Members of Sleater-Kinney, it was bound to be good. Carrie Brownstein is incredible and is complemented by the equally great Janet Weiss, Mary Timony, and Rebecca Cole. It's an incredible band that brings back memories of Sleater-Kinney as well as cementing their own identity.




If I had expanded this list a bit more I would include Austra, Tune-Yards, Tyler. The Creator, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., SBTRKT, Tennis, and I Break Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment